Access to French language and culture media in Wagga Wagga
- Alliance Française de Wagga Wagga Facebook
- TV 5 Monde
- France 24
- CanalSat Australie – Visit the CanalSat Australie web site to discover information about French Digital Satelite Television available here in Australia. Click here for special offers from CanalSat Australie. CanalSat Australie is a subsidiary of Canal+ Calédonie, and provides access to channels such as TF1, RTL9, TF6 and M6 just to name a few. Program guide available by clicking here.
- French Digital Television from France’s Public Broadcaster (France 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.) is available with a one off purchased of a Satellite Decoder (approx. $500) from Nouvelle Calédonie. The Satellite Decoder comes with the required Smart Access Card that has life long validity. Download this flyer for details. You would need to arrange installation of a suitable Satellite Dish etc. that points at the Intelsat 18 Satellite. This is the same satellite that CanalSat Australie use for it’s paid subscription French Digital TV.
- Artisan Baker – So French, So Fresh. Authentic French-style breads and pastries (baked by a french-trained baker) available in Wagga Wagga. The French boulangerie and patisserie is located at 2/189 Morgan Street Wagga Wagga (ph: 02 6971 7180). Opening Hours are Tue – Fri : 8am – 4pm & Sat: 7am – 2pm. Also available at the farmers markets (held near the Civic Theater in the Wollundry Council Chambers area) on the second Saturday of every month. A selection of breads is also available on Saturdays at Knights Meats (Fitzmaurice Street) and The Red Pomegranate (Neslo Arcade).
French language and culture in Australia
- SBS French page with radio and television program information and downloads, recipes, films and more.
French language learning resources available on the Internet
- BBC Languages – French
- Victorian Department of Education – French Language online
- Basic French Lesson
- Languages.org – French Language
- Speak French! – French Phrases
- Guidelines for typing and using French accents on a Computer (for both PC & Mac OSX)
- If you are using a Mac, just press and hold the letter on the keyboard you need and after a second or so a little bar will pop up offering you all sorts of accents and special characters for that letter. Simple! Mac OS X makes is so easy.
- How do I enter French accent on a smartphone like an iPhone or Android? Just tap and hold the letter on the keyboard you need and after a second or so a little bar will pop up offering you all sorts of accents and special characters for that letter. Simple!