2024 Term 1 French Class enrolments will open in early January 2024.
For anyone who may need any additional information regarding our French Language courses, please send an email or phone us (0438 107 658).
2024 Term dates
19 February – 15 April
6 May – 28 June
29 July – 20 September
14 October – 6 December inclusive
Venue: All courses are held at the ARCC premises, 131 Tarcutta Street, Wagga Wagga unless otherwise specified.
French language courses
- French for Travellers
High School and Primary
- French for Travellers
NOTE: You are required to join Alliance Française if you are not already a financial member in the current calendar year to undertake any class. Annual Membership pricing: Single Membership $20 and Family Membership $30
Membership of Alliance Française de Wagga Wagga entitles you to:
- Receive our regular newsletter about French language and culture activities;
- Discounts to many events organised by the Alliance Française de Wagga Wagga such as our Annual French Film Festival;
- 10% Discount at Artisan Baker – So French, So Fresh (Must show membership card when purchasing);
- Borrow French books, magazines & films free of charge;
- Enjoy French Conversation in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. These are held the first Friday and 3rd Saturday of every Month;
- Free access to Culturethèque – francophone multimedia e-library containing thousands of documents for all ages and interests. Culturethèque will provide you with 24/7 access to over 400 magazines, 1,000 books, 200 comics, 450 videos & 370 learning materials.
Enrolment Terms and Conditions
- You are required to join Alliance Française if you are not already a member to undertake any class.
- Fees for all courses are payable at least two weeks in advance of the class commencement.
- Students will not be admitted to classes under any circumstances unless full payment has been made.
- Refunds will not generally be given for missed classes or for withdrawal after the first class.
- Alliance Française de Wagga Wagga reserves the right to cancel a course in the case of insufficient enrolments or for any other reason. In such cases full fees will be refunded.
- Enrolment in a course implies that you understand and accept these conditions.
How to Enrol in a Course
- Term 1 enrolments are taken as new enrolments and are not considered as ongoing enrolments from the previous year.
How to Pay for Your Course
- Via this Website with our online enrolment system. You can make payment either by PayPal Account, Credit Card (via PayPal), or Direct Deposit.
- Direct Deposit to: Commonwealth Bank; BSB 062614; Account Number 00921874 with the transaction description as : Your Surname & Web Order Number (e.g. Smith 1326).
- You will not be able to commence your class under any circumstances until full payment has been made.
- Cash and cheque payments have been phased out and are no longer accepted as payment options.
Intensive French Language Course
From time to time we run short, intensive French language and culture courses. Ideal for the business or leisure traveler planning to visit France, these courses run for approximately 4-6 hours per week over a period of 4 – 6 weeks. Please register your interest if you would like to enrol in a course of this nature as it would only run if there were a sufficient number of students.
DELF / DALF Examinations
These exams are for those wishing to have an internationally recognised Diploma showing their French language ability. Alliance Française de Wagga Wagga is no longer a registered centre for these French language exams. Information about the DELF and DALF examinations can be found on the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP) Web site.
Full Immersion in French Language and Culture
There is no better way to learn the French language than a total immersion in the French country and culture. New Caledonia (Nouvelle-Calédonie) is the closest French speaking Country to Australia. Le Centre de Rencontres et d’Echanges Internationaux du Pacifique (CREIPAC) conducts classes in French for people of all ages with intensive courses, total immersion and student centred teaching. Arrangements can also be made to live with a host family.